Join the BEF team
BEF are looking to recruit a recent graduate to become an Associate Investment Manager.
Business Enterprise Fund now have an opportunity for a recent graduate to join us on a development programme to become an Associate Investment Manager within our West Yorkshire based team.
Ideally with a related degree and some financial services experience, you will be keen to become professionally qualified and commit to studying for the Chartered Banker qualifications which will be supported by the company.
Initially, you will be working as part of a team of Investment managers in our Start-up loans department looking at loan proposals for pre-start businesses through to those that have been trading for up to 2 years. Training will be provided to ensure you operate to set minimum standards, but you will need to be a self-starter with a strong work ethic that enables you to adapt quickly to many different types of business proposals.
Over time you will need to be able to identify and bring in lending opportunities to the organisation by developing professional introducer contacts in the region. You are supported by a dedicated marketing and administration resource.
There will also be an opportunity to work in our established business loans team where you will be putting proposals together to present to the credit panel and will become used to meeting strict targets for lending and managing a portfolio of clients. You will gain experience of working within the SME sector and obtain a good working knowledge of all issues relating to running an SME.
You will have good analytical skills to quickly become confident with reading and interpreting a set of accounts and business plans. You will need to be comfortable with working in a team environment.
- Self-starting, people person, able to build strong relationship with diverse client groups
- Highly organised approach and an analytical mindset
- Committed to achieving personal targets
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, able to contribute to team goals
- Strong time management skills, able to plan and organise diaries, balancing meetings with clients, referrers and networking whilst writing and following up on applications.
- Car owner with clean driving licence
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary with additional On Target Bonus earning potential
- Additional Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Sponsorship of Chartered Banking Qualifications
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.